Open Stage Control v1.0.0-alpha

The alpha release is here for testing !

Current build: v1.0.0-alpha17 (9 May 2020)

Download: Releases · jean-emmanuel/open-stage-control · GitHub
Documentation: https://openstagecontrol.ammd.net/
Changelog: https://github.com/jean-emmanuel/open-stage-control/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md

Many things are changing and need testing, create new sessions to try it out and leave your feedback here. If you find a bug please use the bug tracker and provide as much informations as possible to help me reproduce it and fix it.

:warning:
Errors are more likely than ever while in alpha, things are not to be considered stable until the actual v1 comes out.

2 Likes

Bonsoir !

Thanks for this alpha version. The install under ubuntu 18.04.04, no problem.
I must admit i would prefer (ça commence :-)…) a start button more accesible in the first window and so the stop button.
To click to get the help, why not ? Another lighter color, clearer, bleu clair as example maybe.

Voilà, voilà

Testing the fader

the little dash can be confusing : i read, i see a negative value “- 1” for the value of 1

How can i have a border ? no check box
i do like the look of the round design !

Hi, Jean! Thank you for the O-S-C. This is a great app! Running ver 1 I got this error:

“A JavaScript error occurred in the main process: Uncaught Exception:
ReferenceError: i is not defined
at MidiConverter.send (C:\open-stage-control-1.0.0-alpha0-win32-x64\open-stage-control-1.0.0-alpha0-win32-x64\resources\app\server\src\server\midi.js:36:1)
at OscServer.sendOsc (C:\open-stage-control-1.0.0-alpha0-win32-x64\open-stage-control-1.0.0-alpha0-win32-x64\resources\app\server\src\server\osc\index.js:167:1)
at Object.send (C:\open-stage-control-1.0.0-alpha0-win32-x64\open-stage-control-1.0.0-alpha0-win32-x64\resources\app\server\src\server\osc\index.js:308:1)
at Object.sendOsc (C:\open-stage-control-1.0.0-alpha0-win32-x64\open-stage-control-1.0.0-alpha0-win32-x64\resources\app\server\src\server\callbacks.js:336:1)
at Socket. (C:\open-stage-control-1.0.0-alpha0-win32-x64\open-stage-control-1.0.0-alpha0-win32-x64\resources\app\server\src\server\server.js:140:1)
at Socket.emit (events.js:203:13)
at Socket.receive (C:\open-stage-control-1.0.0-alpha0-win32-x64\open-stage-control-1.0.0-alpha0-win32-x64\resources\app\server\src\server\ipc\client.js:90:1)
at WebSocket.socket.onmessage (C:\open-stage-control-1.0.0-alpha0-win32-x64\open-stage-control-1.0.0-alpha0-win32-x64\resources\app\server\src\server\ipc\client.js:43:1)
at WebSocket.onMessage (C:\open-stage-control-1.0.0-alpha0-win32-x64\open-stage-control-1.0.0-alpha0-win32-x64\resources\app\server\node_modules\osc\node_modules\ws\lib\event-target.js:120:16)
at WebSocket.emit (events.js:203:13)”

The previous version works perfectly. Maybe you can tell me what the problem is? Please! Thanks!

@Greenman

a start button more accesible in the first window

Ok

To click to get the help, why not ? Another lighter color, clearer, bleu clair as example maybe.

You mean the current color is hard to read ?

the little dash can be confusing : i read, i see a negative value “- 1” for the value of 1

With two different colors and the dash being drawn in front of multiple values ? Maybe it's just a matter of position, I'll look into it.

How can i have a border ? no check box

Borders didn't feel right on faders (except when compact) and knobs. You can still add some css if you wish.

@Danil_Borisov

Thanks, it's fixed in sources, to be published in next alpha release.

The previous version works perfectly.

Errors are more likely than ever while in alpha, things are not to be considered stable until the actual v1 comes out.

Thanks! Another flaw I noticed. The program window does not adapt when you move it to another screen, and when I launch the app on a tablet, for example, I often have to scroll because a lot of buttons are off the screen.

OK for the start button ! and the stop button ?

yes i find. Une couleur plus claire ressortirai plus à mon avis. A lighter, more conspicuous color

Do you think it would be possible to propose the console into the same window as the main window at the bottom to control what happens easily when editor is on ? For now, we have to jungle between two windows.

french : penses-tu qu'il serait possible t'avoir une zone console dans la fenêtre où se trouve l'éditeur (lorsque celui est activé par exemple) pour permettre de contrôler les messages arrivant, sortant, les éventuelles erreurs retournées par o-s-c.

To get a border, ok to use css, but is there a change about syntax to get a property value ? because this code doesn't work

It's up to you to make your interface responsive, using containers with vertical/horiontal/grid layouts and/or percents in width/height.

Yes I'll try something.

Do you think it would be possible to propose the console into the same window as the main window at the bottom to control what happens easily when editor is on ? For now, we have to jungle between two windows.

It's something I've been considering for some time but it won't be for v1.0.0.

To get a border, ok to use css, but is there a change about syntax to get a property value ?

The syntax is correct but @{this.colorText} may return auto which is not valid.

ok so this works

Yep, looks good to me !

Last question : have you some new example session files compatible with this alpha-version that we could load to test all widgets ?
ps : for the console into the main window, it’s not important.

Alpha 1 is online. No example session yet sorry.

maybe use the colorFill value for the dash color.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a check box in front css to activate or not the particular css code. It would avoid to erase or comment to test :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for your response! In version alpha 1, an error “(ERROR, MIDI) unknown output (xxxxxxxx)” appeared. Please tell me, is this a bug or is the port not recognized because this is a non-production version? Thanks!

a screenshot to see your error ?
in the first window can you list midi devices ? see the top left menu

Yes, a virtual MIDI port is assigned. Here are screenshots

if you delete the parameters into --midi and go to the left top corner and list midi devices ?