Open Stage Control v1.0.0-alpha

Sorry)

Error_3

@Danil_Borisov the "-- midi" part is breaking your config (there is no need to write --midi here by the way, it’s already the label of the option).

2 Likes

@jean-emmanuel, thank you!

Alpha 1 is available, it adds a start button in the launcher window and fixes the midi issue.

i missed this one :slight_smile:

thanks for the start and stop buttons and the color for help.
Keep going exploration !

Alpha 2 is being uploaded (changelog).

ok you will never stop so i’m gonna to clone the repo :slight_smile:

Any link you can refer me to for basic setup and basic instructions on how to set up buttons/faders etc…?

as an alpha version, no docs for now. but the doc concerning the previous version is still available. If you want to learn the basic instructions, i think it’s the way to go and use the latest 0.49.12 version.
But you can start with the latest alpha version and discover how to use this software. What do you want to achieve ?
Good luck.

I’m in the process of writing the docs, more and more instructions will come this week :).

Alpha 3 is uploading, including mostly documentation updates.

2 Likes

Great!!! i’m gona test it today!

Hi took a try one the alpha 5 and have noticed some issues :

• When Selecting multiple items with Ctrl+Shift, I first need to select one item, then do the selection, or it won’t select. That was already the case in the classic version. And now in the beta after the selection I need to Select/Deselect an item to see the editor group edition panel.

• After creating and setting the address on a Visualizer item, I have to resize it to start updating the graph. moving the item don’t works.

• The visualizer still consume a lot of resources, 40 visualizer eat 40% of my PC CPU (i7-6700HQ 2.6GHz). And on my Android Tablet Galazy S2, the CPU is 80%, and a lot less data are drawn compare with the PC.
    Is there something that can be done to improve this ?
    (I use it to control the level of multiple audio tracks and it would be wonderful to be able to keep track of every signals in only one tab :innocent: )

• If sending the same value for 1 second, and the plot is now only an horizontal line, then the visualizer stop updating, even if sending variable values. I have to resize it by hand to start updating again.

Your soft is awesome, I’m even embarrassed to ask for more :heart_eyes:

Have a nice afternoon
Charlie

Thanks for your feedback @vital_net !

When Selecting multiple items with Ctrl+Shift, I first need to select one item, then do the selection, or it won’t select

That's because you already have another widget selected that not a sibling of the one you try to select. I'm open to suggestion as for handling this.

And now in the beta after the selection I need to Select/Deselect an item to see the editor group edition panel.

After creating and setting the address on a Visualizer item, I have to resize it to start updating the graph. moving the item don’t works.

If sending the same value for 1 second, and the plot is now only an horizontal line, then the visualizer stop updating, even if sending variable values. I have to resize it by hand to start updating again.

Fixed

The visualizer still consume a lot of resources

I have to try some ideas, there's hope :slight_smile:

Sorry, I meant when using Ctrl + Shift + Doing a rectangle selection. That's where the culprit is :innocent:

You have a beta tester for the visualizer item now ^^

I think it’s the same problem: once ctrl is held, widgets are added to the current selection if possible, that is if all selected widgets have the same parent. Note that you can start a new rectangle selection with shift+drag (without ctrl).

@vital_net Are you using visualizers to display audio waveforms or is it just the volume peak information you’re interested in ? In the latter case, you might want to try something like this meter with scripted fall : fall-meter.json (2.9 KB) (alpha 6 required). @cyberic might be interested too.

I use it to display the audio waveform, but I’ll try.

I seem like you have re-uploaded alpah5 instead of alpha6.

I seem like you have re-uploaded alpah5 instead of alpha6.

No worries, I failed to increment the version number in the app but the release is different.

On Windows I cannot access other Drive, I am stuck to C:
Is there a trick to open file from another Drive?