USB reverse tethering with IPAD and Macbook

Hi, is it possible to setup a wired connection with USB reverse tethering on a iPad and a MacBook ? sometimes I don't have wifi but still want to use my OSC template for my cubase.

I found this, so I will check this already :wink: but not the solution because my iPhone is too small, I need to use my iPad How To USB Tether iPhone and MacBook - Hotspot - M1 - YouTube

thanks for the tips!

toon

Given that you're talking about being in a place where you don't have WiFi anyway, @toonbosschaert, it seems there'd be no harm in creating a WiFi network from your Macbook and connecting to that with your iPad. I am always prepared to do that when gigging because not every venue has WiFi, or good WiFi, or the hosts may not have the latest credentials.

I keep these instructions in the README for my software so they're always at hand. They're a bit terse because I've done it a few times but it might work for you. Or Google it for lengthier instructions.

Set up a private network:

• Open System Preferences > Network
  • Select Wi-Fi in the main list
  • Ensure Show Wi-Fi status in menu bar is ticked
  • Click the Advanced button
  • Select the Wi-Fi tab within the preferences window
  • Tick Show legacy networks and options
  • Click OK and then click Apply
  • Click the Wi-Fi icon in the top menu bar
  • Choose Create Network
  • Enter a Network Name
  • Click Create
  • Wait for IP address to be assigned

Then connect your iPad to your named network and load http://[server address]:7777

Test to be sure you know how to do this before you're in a situation where you have to do it.

Apologies for not answering your specific question; I don't know about hardwiring the two devices together.