Update 1.26.0 broke my session => Solved in update 1.26.2

Hello Jean-Emmanuel,

When using v1.25.7 my session runs OK, but after updating to 1.26.1 not anymore. So far I can't find a way to solve it. The bugfixes of v1.26.0 might be the culprit. Somehow it seems the order of execution of things have changed, giving different and unwanted results in my session.

The problem occurs with modals. In the past, to prevent slowing down the session too much, instead of many different modals I made a single one wich is given different contents and positions as desired.
So it looks like there are many modals while it's just a single one with changing properties.

The values for these variable properties are stored as arrays in JSON files. When a modal is needed the session reads and executes a script (which is also stored as a JSON file) which then reads the relevant array. All this is done without any custom modules by the way.

It took a long time to figure out how to make everything work as desired. It has run fine for at least a year now until the recent OSC update. Now when I trigger a modal (by pressing a button) it opens the previous selected modal-properties instead of the current chosen one. I need to press again for the right one to show up. So that's why I think there may be a change in the order of excecution.

What should I do? Staying with OSC v1.25.7 is fine for now, although in the future I may be tempted to update anyway.

Hi, could you please send me your session file so that I track down the issue ? There have been some subtle change in v1.26 that may be the cause of your problem, however without taking a look at it I can't say whether it's a new bug or if it was working well in a formerly bugged context.

Thank you for your offer.
Yes, it may as well be the other way around.

I will send you a leaner version of the session file, whith some irrelevant parts omitted and extra comments added. I'll add some explanations as well to make the session & problem easier to understand. Please allow me to spend a few days on this.

No hurry, take your time :). Thanks.