Testing needed: Out-of-the box MIDI support

Has something changed in the path syntax ? (windows)

here is my MIDI config :
MIDI_loop:loopMIDI,loopMIDI path=C:\Users\Apertures\Dropbox\OpenStageControl\osc-midi\osc-midi-windows.exe

I’m quite sure it used to work fine 2 weeks ago, but since 1.6, I get this :

(DEBUG, MIDI) device "C" created 
(DEBUG, MIDI) device "MIDI_loop" created
(DEBUG, MIDI) device "MIDI_loop" connected to input port 2 (loopMIDI Port 2) 
(DEBUG, MIDI) device "MIDI_loop" connected to output port 3 (loopMIDI Port 3) 
(DEBUG, MIDI) device "path=C" created

looks like “path=” is interpreted as a name of a MIDI device…

(I tried removing C:
path=\Users\Apertures\Dropbox\OpenStageControl\osc-midi\osc-midi-windows.exe
same result.

On Mac (v 1.6.2) : works as expected.

I’m currently trying to release it as v1.7.0-beta1, you’ll be able to test it without specifying the path option.

1 Like

v1.7.0-beta1 is available for testing !

Hi,
Kind of new here. Not really that much experience with code. A little C in college. I’ve been fooling around with MIDI devices and software for a long time but mostly by the seat of my pants.
I do have a working O-S-C MIDI 1.7 beta and rtpMIDI seems to be connected, but I could use a simple example of a Wiget with a MIDI message button or Slider configuration to get me going, please.

CC1 or something like that.

I’m thinking just put CC1 in the value box should work but I really don’t have a clue about what else to put in.

Not seeing anything I try coming through to MIDI OX.

I am on two PC’s with Windows 10 and LAN connection.

I guess I’m not your ideal beta tester

Hi Paul, once you’ve configured the server (https://openstagecontrol.ammd.net/docs/midi/midi-configuration/#configuration), there are a few examples you can follow to setup your widgets here :https://openstagecontrol.ammd.net/docs/midi/midi-messages/#control-channel-cc-value.

Hi Jean-emmanuel,
Thanks for responding to my Read The Manual question. You are very kind.
I didn’t make it that far down into the documentation and will endeavor to do so with more focus in the future.
The thing is I find writing my questions out in a forum helps me to think about the solutions to a problem with my subconscious as well as my conscious mind. Thank again and have a nice day.
Paul

No problem :slight_smile:

Does anyone else get false positive on osc-midi-windows.exe? MBAM flags it as Spyware.PasswordStealer.Python.

It seems the tool I use to build the midi executable may encounter this issue: Issues · pyinstaller/pyinstaller · GitHub

I don't think there's anything I can do besides telling you to report it as a false positive... the sources for this file are here and the build process is here.

Hi Jean! I’m back

So, I got a new computer and I thought it will be a great idea to test this installation out of the box

1. I downloaded open-stage-control-1.7.7-win32-x64
  2. I installed it

No problems. I was even able to upload my project file.

My question is: Are you saying that i don’t need to go through the nightmare i had with downloading Python and than Midi something… and then Win basic (not sure i’m saying it right)…

I’m in this screen now.

Are you saying that once i put my I.P machine stuff and place the midi device thing, I’m done?

Yes :). Please report if it doesn't work though.

I just want to mention my experience with the new super user friendly installation process.

I made a new installation on a new Win10 pc.
I simply ran the installation file and NOTHING else!

Using it for about 2 weeks and had 0 issues with it.
I especially need OSC for the midi (Sysex) functionalities thus, the midi components are critical and i had difficulties during my original installation.

But now? A Haven. Works smoothly without any issues to report!

Thanks a lot for simplifying this process :pray:

1 Like