Cubase Articulation: Show Playable range on keyboard

I have set it up so that the range is also saved in the JSON file for each articulation. (With my Native Instruments 88S MK2 keyboard, which has a range from A-1 to C7, I only counted the white keys from 1 to 52.
My first version was the red fader below, which showed me from where to where an articulation is playable.
Now I have recolored the keys in the keyboard (greenish), so I no longer need the red fader and can save some desktop space.

3 Likes

Hey @denisspycher !
Cool, I like the idea of both the fader and the colors.
Just for understanding: Have you saved the key ranges in an external json, or the session file?
And for either: Could you explain a bit how to set it up?
Cheers :smiley:

(Gruss nach Deutschland...)
The scope of my OSC configuration has grown considerably.
Only short the technical side of my computers:
I have 1x MacStudio M1 with Cubase and OSC on it, 2x MacStudio M1 with VEP7 on it and 1x MiniPC to which my touchscreen is connected.
My heart for the whole organization is a database (Filemaker), which generates several JSON files (1x JSON for instruments with details, 1x JSON for articulation, 1x JSON which keys are used)
My reference for each instrument is a four-digit code so that Cubase and OSC know which instrument is active.
Here you can see my main input mask from Filemaker:

You see a light green, light pink, dark green and dark pink column in the middle. This is my information for the range (only white keys from 1 to 52) that can be played. I have programmed the keyboard key names (dark green and dark pink column) so that they are automatically generated by Filemaker.
Here OSC takes the information as the default setting. If there is still an expression map, each articulation entry on the right has its own range that I can enter.

I can go into more detail if you are interested.

My little Gadget I did today is to get the Key I press on my real 88 keyboard.
Here in my example I press the Key G2:

It shows me in blue what I pressed and as text.

Here is the script:
ShowMeWhatIplayOnARealKeyboard.json (4.7 KB)

You have to set your device (in my case it is S88:13,-1)
Bildschirmfoto 2023-11-15 um 14.02.25

And define on the keyboard and the variable widget your target:
Bildschirmfoto 2023-11-15 um 14.04.45