Copy between projects

Its currently possible to copy and paste between projects. But in order to do so we need to be allowed to open two projects at same time.
Currently Im trying to merge some parts of teh same project done by different developers, I can open one project but when trying the second one it complains the port and ip is being used, as I’m running a copy of the project already, and wont open a second copy .
The only workaround I found is using teh old beta and and last version to open each version, that is not ideal as the UI looks weird.

1 Like

It’s already possible to open two projects simultaneously with a single server running: open a browser window and connect to the server’s url, then load a different projet. Copy-pasting widgets will work between the two clients.

3 Likes

I digging up this topic :
When trying to copy/paste between session (with the same server 1.14.5), i haven't this choice in the contextual menu. Even with the two sessions open in the same browser, the copy/paste function seem to work only in a same session. However, in the same session all work well from a client to another.
Is it a workaround ? Maybe import a fragment (exported widgets) in the session ? And other question : what's the purpose of the fragments ?

Thank you !

i haven't this choice in the contextual menu

There's no "choice", the widget clipboard is held by the server and shared between all clients, regardless of the session they use

And other question : what's the purpose of the fragments ?

Fragments are a way to modularize your session and create reusable components that are saved in individual files (Fragments - Open Stage Control).

I don't want to open another false issue, so i prefer show you, i've make a screencast :

Maybe i do something wrong ?

It's hard to see precisely what's going on as my screen is too small, but it seems you're simply trying to paste on a widget that's not a container

OK it seem to be simply that...
I expected to add beetween childs (so into the container) when clicking on another child...
But it seem logic, we paste into the SELECTED widget. Another bug between chair and keyboard !
Thank you