Trying to adapt something I made with Lemur

Hello,

Before switching to Open Stage Control, I used Lemur and I would like to rebuild in O-S-C some interesting layout I could program in Lemur. The layout was using some MultiBall object (similar to multixy). Actually I was using it like a special fader with special features.

The first special feature is the ability to "throw" a ball (called a point in O-S-C) and to have it moving on according to the direction and speed of the throwing gesture. This way I could launch a playing head and have it move forwards or backwards at various speeds. Moreover, the ball can be caught again to reverse its direction, change its speed and regain full control over its movement.

The second feature is the ability to create the ball only when the widget is touched. It is the logical follow-up of the third feature, that is the ability to program some envelope and have the point/ball to fade and then disappear.

Could I do this with the existing widgets or should I program one myself?

The first feature is not in open stage control and there's no plan to implement it. Some have tried to do implement some physics using a custom module but that's quite not as convenient.

The second features makes me think of the ephemeral property, but I'm not sure if that's what you're after.

As for the third, I'm not sure to understand what it means, but it doesn't sound like somethink you can do with open stage control's multixy.

In general, there is no plan to implement any physic, sequencer, or timing critical features in o-s-c.

Here's a video with the widget being used:

@jean-emmanuel I understand there is no plan to add any physic engine but I am wondering if one can integrate an external JS library (like Planck.js or Matter.js) in O-S-C to integrate such feature and influence the GUI.

There's no pipeline in place to make it easy without modifying the sources and creating a custom build, but it's open source so nothing is impossible I guess.