Is it possible to do a step sequencer inside Open Stage Control?

Hi there,

New to this, i would like to know where the possibilities ends for open stage control.
I'm not so comfortable with scripting as i'm writing but i see how capable this awesome software could be.
Therefor i have many questions, like is it possible to generate a step sequencer inside Open Stage Control ? It it possible that Open stage control receive or send midi/OSC clock ? Many many questions that i would like to work on ..
Hope somebody help me !

Thx

I wouldn't say it's impossible, but it's definitely out of the app's scope : open stage control is a controller, not a daw/sequencer/synthesizer/etc.

2 Likes

I'd say it's pretty possible :slight_smile: as I'm working in a arpeggiator sketch using MIDI clock messages received from Cubase.
The sync is pretty accurate.
I'm using Custom Module and Canvas, as well as other built-in widgets.

1 Like

Ok i see.. no worry, it was what i expected, but it is already awesome as it is !
To do such a step sequencer would need external sequencing ok

Thank you :slight_smile:

I'm not able yet to handle the power of canvas and such custom modules, but i would like to give it a go :slight_smile:

Thank you

1 Like

Isn't there any clock function available in O-S-C?

setInterval() and setTimeout() do provide some timing possibilities but o-s-c doesn't attempt to provide any sort of reliable real-time clock / event scheduling. Limitations in this field of application will most likely not be consiredered as bugs.

1 Like