Switch with Push mode

I am developing a specific part in my layout to select each clip slot from ableton live.

From searches I managed to create a switch where the buttons act in “exclusive mode” sending midi cc. Additionally, I have already managed to make each slot of the switch correctly activate each clip slot of the ableton (mounting a visual feedback).

On the side of this switch, I created a text widget with the scene number corresponding to the clip line. However, the text widget with the scene number only updates with delay.

To make a comparison, I created the some buttons in “push” mode and performed tests assigning the same midi cc that I send on the switch. In this format, the scene number is updated correctly in the text widget.

Returning to the switch, I tested the three options of available modes (tap, slide and click), but in none of them can I synchronize the slot corresponding to the line / number of their respective scene. In short: in separate buttons in push mode, I get the expected result both in the ableton clip slots and in the scene number contained in the text widget.

For the operation I am planning, I would like to know if anyone can help me with the following questions:

Is it possible to assign to the switch slots the option of “push” mode or to assign “exclusive mode” to a set of buttons?

And finally, is it possible to leave the switch slots with only the empty rectangles (without text)?

no, otherwise it would not be a switch

or to assign “exclusive mode” to a set of buttons?

You can use scripting to make a button disable the others when it is activated, for example with a set of buttons with id of the form "some_id/1...10", setting their script property as follows will do:

if (value) set('some_id/*', 0, {send: false})

And finally, is it possible to leave the switch slots with only the empty rectangles (without text)?

With css you can customize that.

font-size: 0;
2 Likes

I have work on a similar set up - using custom script and OSC do you need it ?

Hello Zoltan! If you don’t mind and want to post here or send to my cleciorimas@hotmail.com :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply Jean! It works in practically the same way, leaving each button with its respective id … Is it possible to use the push mode making the pressed button light up and when there is a change, the light goes out?

I'm sorry but I'm not sure to understand, can you explain ?

Which version of Ableton Live do you use ?
for what you want to do you need a custom python remote script. I made one for Ableton 11 based on template for Ableton 10.
As Ableton as switch to Python 2.7 to 3.0 it took me time to make it work …
and the OSC template :
OSC-Push.json (25.4 KB)

The aim is to maintain visual feedback in dialogue with the ableton. I’m looking to make each button trigger its respective ableton clip slot … when that happens, the illumination lights up and stays on until another slot is selected (turning off the light on the previous button)

This works well on the switch, however, there is a delay in updating the text widget containing the scene number corresponding to the selected clip slot.

With the buttons in push mode, I can activate the clip slots and I can synchronize the respective scene number where the clip is located … but, I can’t get feedback on the ipad screen

Thanks Bro! I am using version 10.1.7.

The midi remote script I’m building is in Clyphx Pro (still incompatible with version 11)

just use this script

follow this step

No use of any their party

1 Like

very good man! I will test =D thanks!

I’m in the process of migrating from touchosc to O-S-C … redesigning the entire layout … When it’s ready, I can pass it on too. It is necessary to have clyphx pro installed

I was on touchOSC then lemur, currently beta testing touchOSC2.0 which have cool features but OSC have more possibilities even if it more complicated to dive in it.

I was also invited to try the TouchOsc Beta. But, after asking in the chat about the possibility of using responsive layouts, Rob Fischer removed me from the testing program … I think if he knows you are here, he can do the same hahaha

No matter, I saw the way they go - pretty cool but a bit late in my opinion.
They will keep most of there customers and it can be a good alternative to lemur which is almost abandoned.

Yes true. Perhaps this understanding explains the fact that touch osc has stopped in time. If a volunteer is treated like that, I imagine a service provider … Too bad to work or move on something under the sound of whips