Start using terminal (inconsistencies)

Hey,

I've tried running my usual settings in the terminal (to start at PC launch). The usual settings do not work.

C:\Program Files\Open Stage Control>open-stage-control --no-gui --force-gpu -l "PATH" -c "PATH" -m ('cubase:0,1' 'cubase_art:1,2' 'mtc:2,3' 'protools:3,4' 'vep:4,5')

Here is the error I get (those ports works great within the app)

(ERROR, MIDI) can't connect "('cubase" to output port "1'" (port not in list)
(ERROR, MIDI) can't connect "'vep" to output port "5')" (port not in list)

Here is the list:

(INFO, MIDI) Inputs
-1: Void (bypass)
0: cubase 0
1: cubase_art 1
2: mtc 2
3: protools 3
4: synth_1 4
5: synth_2 5
6: synth_3 6
7: synth_4 7
8: vep 8
(INFO, MIDI) Outputs
-1: Void (bypass)
0: Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth 0
1: cubase 1
2: cubase_art 2
3: mtc 3
4: protools 4
5: synth_1 5
6: synth_2 6
7: synth_3 7
8: synth_4 8
9: vep 9

If I add the mtc sysex in the mtc port option:

-m: Invalid option: sysex'
-m: Invalid option: mtc'

Did I miss something? Any way to have Open Stage Control starting in the system tray?

There should be no parenthesis around the midi option. Also on windows you're supposed to add a double hyphen (--) before the first option (Server configuration - Open Stage Control), but it may have change with the last update (in which case please tell me so that I can update the docs).

Any way to have Open Stage Control starting in the system tray?

It's not possible currently.

1 Like

The -- is indeed needed to use more options (such as read-only), but some of them (force-gpu) do not require it (surprisingly).

IIRC its because electron (the engine) on windows doesn't accept arguments containing colons (unless -- is written before any argument) as they may be urls (this is the origin of the issue Protocol Handler Vulnerability Fix | Electron)