Stopped working!

Listen, well, this is some kind of trouble!
I just completed my template, I decided to set it up with Cubase, but the program stopped connecting...
Before proceeding with the pattern, I explored the connectivity. When I got it, I started making a template.
But now, with the same settings, nothing works (
The elementary start button is activated. I checked on an empty project, same thing. Permanent error, as in the screenshot.
Please help solve the problem!
Thanks !

The error message is pretty explicit: osc addresses must start with a slash /, should be /control, not \control.

(moving thread to usage questions, that's not a feature request)

2 Likes

Thanks, I fixed it but didn't help.
And it is strange that the error with the former character !

Tell me please, where can I get acquainted with the step-by-step connection of the program?
On all the videos that I have reviewed on YouTube, each connects in its own way.
Someone uses MidiKey2Key, someone only uses loopMIDI .
So how do you really need to do it?
Thanks !

Your midi config (from the screenshot) seems off:

OSC:4,5

creates a midi target named OSC connected to input number 4 and output number 5. In the device list (still from the screenshot), output number 5 is OSC (the port you created), so that's not gonna work. What probably happened is that the midi device list changed and the configuration that once worked doesn't now. You have two solutions:

• update the port numbers in the midi config to match the new port numbers (this might fail again later for the same reason)
  • use strings instead of numbers to choose the ports, this way you can select port by name (it won't be a problem if the port number changes later)
"OSC:input port name,output port name"

The double quotes are mandatory if port names contain spaces. You don't need to write the full name of the port, the first port that contains provided string in its name will be selected.

Reference: MIDI configuration - Open Stage Control

Edit: the port named OSC was created with loopMidi actually, as shown in screenshots below. solution -> Stopped working! - #12 by jean-emmanuel

1 Like

God, my brain is exploding!
Unfortunately, I do not speak English and it's hard for me to think of a translator)
I don't understand anything from: "use strings instead of numbers to choose the ports, this way you can select port by name (it won't be a problem if the port number changes later)".
This needs to be copied - "OSC:input port name,output port name"
and instead of "port name" insert port numbers?
If yes, then nothing works.
I updated the numbers following the advice above.
I don't get any errors, but I don't get a link either...
I always turn on the midi keyboard so that the ports do not change.
Here are the screenshots of all the settings that are needed.
If you need any more information, I will provide!
Help me please !!!
Thanks for the support !!!

As for the "start" button, it seems that i use another setting in my generic remote

Device -> "Command" instead of Transport
Channel/Category -> "Transport" instead of Device

You could try this one ?

By the way, i don't have anything in 'send', nor 'port'.
osc

And here is my button's property :

2 Likes

I'm sorry but I don't know how to explain this differently, I explained the issue as I could in my last post, maybe try to find someone who can translate it for you ?

2 Likes

Thank you very much !
I will try...
Good luck to you !!!

Unfortunately it didn't work :frowning:

Hello !
Could you write, specifically for my port configuration, what needs to be entered in the "midi" field?
What would I just copy and paste!
Here is a screenshot of my ports.
Thanks !

1. remove port OSC in loopMidi
  2. create two ports in loopMidi
    • one named oscToCubase
    • one named cubaseToOsc
  3. set open stage control's midi option to
OSC:cubaseToOsc,oscToCubase
  1. in Generic Remote, set
    • MIDI Input to oscToCubase
    • MIDI Output to cubaseToOsc
  2. remove the content of open stage control's send and port option, you don't need these

Note: don't bother hiding the IP address in your screenshots, it's a local network address that has no interest for anyone ;)..

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your help!
I'll redo everything!
But I found the reason...
It turned out that the commands in Cubase were simply not configured correctly!
But I am eternally grateful to you for your help and patience) !!!

it didn't work because you were trying with my midi configuration :wink:

As you say, good luck ! Learning how to use o-s-c is a long way... but it's great !

2 Likes

Thanks !
Everything worked with the settings from Jean Emmanuel.
I am also very grateful to you for your help!
I don't want to get into a controversy, but I must say that I'm not going to explore the many features of this great app!
I have created a simple but ergonomic template for myself and I am going to spend all my time on professional creativity.
I would love to delve into knowledge, but life is not enough for everything, and why!? I have other goals.
There are still a few questions on trifles, but this is later.

Thanks a lot Jean Emmanuel!
Everything works perfectly !
My nervous system came to a complete rest)
Good luck !