Remote Control + Touch State

Dear all
I use an ipad based midi controller (MidiDesigner) to operate my OpenStage Controller (Remote Control)
I have written an appropriate custom module for the two way communication. So far so good.

On the OpenStage (OS) side:

• I have a bunch of buttons which trigger a "stateSet" action
  • These buttons will be triggerd by a knob which acts as preset selector, based on the value of the knob the appropriate button will be triggered (Knob value=1 -> triggers button 1, which executes the stateSet action to load the corresponding state for all the widget. Knob value=2 -> triggers button 2 ... etc.)
  • If I turn the knob/preset selector it works as intended and the appropriate states will be triggered and loaded and the corresponding widgets of the MidiDesigner will be update accordingly - all fine

Remote Control - On the MidiDesigner (MD) side:
If I turn the preset selector knob, the preset selector knob of the OpenStage Controller will be turned accordingly and the stateSet actions will be triggered and the OpenStage all the widgets will be updated - all fine
But the corresponding widgets of the MidiDesigner will not be updated. As far as I can see, OpenStage Control does not send the updated widget values back to the MidiDesigner widgets.

I assume this is because I do not "touch" the OpenStage preset selector knob (instead I operate the MidiDesigner knob)

So I tried this:
if (touch === 0) {
// note the use of getProp() instead of @ { }
send('/' + getProp('this', 'id') , value)
}
I put the code above in the script property of the preset selector knob - No luck.

My question is how can I simulate the touch behaviour of a widget (in my case the preset selector knob) sending back the value updates to the MidiDesigner Controller when it will be operated remotely by the MidiDesigner Controller?

Thanks in advance for your support :slight_smile:

The only way to simulate an interaction with an osc message is to send remote control commands to open stage control, you could convert the messages from MidiDesigner using a custom module or make MidiDesigner send them directly.