Visualising MIDI Values from a MIDI Controller & Sending OSC from Open Stage Control

Hi everyone,

I'm working on integrating an external MIDI controller with Open Stage Control to visualize MIDI values in real-time on the widgets and send OSC messages based on those values to an external device.

1. Display real-time MIDI controller values on Open Stage Control widgets.
  2. Use these widgets to send OSC messages to an external device, reflecting the MIDI adjustments. (Already working only for OSC messages updated from the GUI)

Would appreciate any advice...Thanks in advance!

1. Display real-time MIDI controller values on Open Stage Control widgets.

Widgets receive messages as per this logic, in other words, they receive what they would send. For instance, to display the value of CC18 on channel 2 in a text widget you would set that text's

• address to /control
  • preArgs to [2, 18]
  • target to midi:my_port (asssuming my_port is the device/port configured in the server's midi option that's receiving the message).

With a fader you'd need to also set the range to
{min:0, max: 127}

1. Use these widgets to send OSC messages to an external device, reflecting the MIDI adjustments. (Already working only for OSC messages updated from the GUI)

Widgets don't reply to messages, it's only possible to do that using a custom module, by filtering incoming message and calling send() when needed.

In this thread the poster ended up using incoming message so simulate user interaction on the widgets so that they send a message in return, that's also a possiblity.