Probably not a bug

but just in case this isn't by design...

If I don't save the session and simply hit 'Session-New Session', now I am unable to enter values into any widgets, and I'm also unable to save the session. Restarting the server allows me to begin a new session, edit and save etc.

In case it's by design, this confused me for some time....

I'm having trouble understanding your issue, could try explaining it again with step by step instructions to reproduce the the problem ? Also please make sure you're using the latest release.

Upon making a gif to show the issue, I have discovered that when changing focus to another app and returning to o-s-c, it does in fact work again. I would say then it is a bug. Have a look at the gif

osc

at the very end, I can in fact edit again!

I can't reproduce it here, weird bug, does it occur too when using a browser instead of the default client ?

Very weird. Tested in the browser and it's fine, no issues.

Just to clarify, it's only text entry fields that are effectively 'greyed out'. I can change button type, colours etc. Saving doesn't work because I can't enter a filename to save. Losing focus, then refocusing sorts the issue. Opening sessions also doesn't allow editing in these text field until I do the focus dance. Very odd.

Still misbehaving in 1.9.1

Nothing has been done so far, it may get fixed in a future update as the issue come from electron (the built-in client / engine) and I'm not shipping O-S-C with the latest version (which requires some testing).