Prevent widget from resending value

Hi,
I managed to implement a two-way communication from a fader to an Ableton live parameter. When I move the fader everything is fine, Ableton follows… But when I change the value directly on Ableton using the mouse, it causes an erratic behavior on the on software value and on the fader. The value changes, but it’s impossible to adjust it precisely. I think it may be because the Fader is re-sending the value it just received from the update, creating some kind of feedback loop.

How can I make a widget to not resend its value when it’s updated from outside?

I can update the fader position using osc or midi, but It needs to send midi control to Ableton…

Widgets don’t send any osc message when they receive an osc message. Can you describe what you did more precisely ? A screenshot of the launcher window might help, as well a session file.

1 Like

Hello, i had the same Problem with Ableton i guess you use macOS and IAC for the midi?

the Documentation states:

Linux only: but works on macOS as well

• “device_name:virtual” : creates a virtual midi device with one input port and one output port

you can set any device_name you want

midi

after using the O-S-C virtual midi driver faders react properly both directions.

I forgot to update the docs, thanks for the reminder.