Menu regression?

Hi everyone !

I had the following simple menu (attached below) working pretty well before but since the last OSC update it seems that the values are not recognized anymore when selected any of them.

Is this a regression or not possible anymore on the last update ?

I'm pretty sure <br>―<br> is causing the issue here but I wanted to know if it could be fixed before changing all my layouts again.

Swayrian

Menu_test.json (2.9 KB)

What's the issue exactly ? The widget seems to display the values properly, and there was no change recently in how it receives messages. Sending the values one by one to osc does change the menu's value accordingly.

When starting OSC yes the values are displayed properly but as soon as you select any of the values they are not displayed inside the box (Test 1).

On Test 2, if I switch <br>―<br> by a slash you can see that it's working fine that's why I thought maybe there is a regression or it's no longer possible to use <br>―<br> since the new update ?

Swayrian
Test menus

I'm not getting this behavior with the file you uploaded but I'm on a developpment version of the upcoming release, so maybe there was a regression that's already fixed. Just in case, try without any custom module loaded and check the server logs (with debug enabled) in case an incoming message causes it.

I don't have any custom module loaded and debug is disabled.
I also tried to reinstall OSC and create a fresh session but it's still not working, strange.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to test it again with the upcoming release.

Keep up the good work !

Swayrian

Hi @jean-emmanuel,

Just to update you that I'm still experiencing the same issue with the new update.
Is there a way to download the v1.12.0 somewhere just to test if there is really a regression happening somewhere or not ?

Or if someone else could test the session I sent above to double check, that would be nice !

Swayrian

Hi Swayrian,
I download and tested your json, and don't have any issue.
I use the latest o-s-c version.
br

By the way, thank you, i did'nt know about br-br :slight_smile:

Hi Sylvain,

Thanks for testing it and you are welcome !
I just resolved the issue by removing the ip address, that wasn't easy.

Swayrian