Icons Missing when adding Clients sometimes

Out of curiosity. Sometimes when a client connects to OSC i'll get an error stating image not loaded or not found. I use the code below for icons where an images folder exists on my pc containing all the icons. This also happens for html files or potentially files in general. The clients could be a mobile device or web browser, which for some reason returns an error. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

:host {
background-size: contain;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-position: center center;
background-image: url(images/house-with-a-garden.png);
}

hi,

where is your images folder ?

maybe this old post can help

Do you mean for a given file it works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't ? What are the error messages in the server's console when it fails ?

I think it's actually for different clients? I may be forgetting which clients but im fairly certain this happens for mobile and web. In this case it only happens on a chrome browser. I have a switch that swaps out 3 different panels with various images.

What's strange to me is that it does this once and then stops, and the images are loaded and buttons working as they should.

In the past this lead to certain widgets not working like a frame widget with a linked html file specifically. And the images folder is in the same location as my session file, not the open stage control installation, which may or may not be my issue.

The cookie issue may indicate an incompatible safari/ios version, could you please check what browser/device you're using ?

Those errors came from a windows desktop using chrome. Using an android device with chrome didn't appear to produce the same results.

Just got this with opening a new window from the OSC Server. Super weird...

Could you please confirm the issue occurs with an official build downloaded from Download the latest release - Open Stage Control ?

I recently looked into custom builds of OSC and forgot to change the version before building so I presume v1.26.1 might be broken for me due to cache. However the issue seems to persist even in v1.26.0. It's strange because the icons appear and the buttons still work but it errors out every time a client connects. I suspect its an issue with how my css is setup because when using the same exact code, with a b64 image instead, no errors are produced.

CSS:

:host {
background-size: contain;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-position: center center;
background-image: url(images/partly-cloudy-day.png);
}

Hi all
I noticed the same behavior and error messages since a few releases now. I just didn't give it too much attention ...
Sometimes all images are missing, sometimes just a few like.
This is how buttons with images look like when the error occurs:
IMG_0064
And this is how it should look like:
Screen2

By the way: When opening a window from the server application, the images show correctly.
I thought it had to do with autostart, but I just checked and dunno.

It typically (almost always) appears when I open the ip address using a shortcut (widget) from the home screen of my iPad (my prefered way of opening the page). But I also remember it happening when using other options. Currently I can't get the Error to appear when using QR-Code or manual typing of the address.
Let me know when you need further testing! :slight_smile:

Cheers!

Right, it doesn't bother me when button icons don't appear but other files like html or otherwise that don't load becomes a bit of an issue.

Issue / bug confirmed, I'll keep you posted.

1 Like

It should be fixed in v1.26.2 !

2 Likes

Thanks a lot!!

I don't know how it is for @Tyler_Leonard , but for me the issue persists with v1.26.2.

Sorry for the late response. I did nitially see the error when I first loaded the project using local host as my send address but then using my computer's IP I no longer got the errors, but that makes sense I think?

v1.26.2 seems to have fixed my issue but I wont mark it as solved since Composer seems to have issues still.

I'll keep digging then :slight_smile:

1 Like

The error always and only appears using this technique (explained here)
What I also noticed is that when I just press the Share button, OSC prints the following error:

OSC

Chrome and OSC is up-to-date. iOS 17.3.1

As it turns out, safari on iOS does not pass cookies correctly when the app is accessed via a home screen link. The osc server relies on cookies to differentiate files requests from different clients and I don't see how to solve this at the moment. Moreover I read that iOS will drop support for home screen links in v17.4...

2 Likes

Oh wow, the rabbit hole goes that deep. That's fantastic to be aware of though. Thankyou for diving into this issue!