FR : XY : add a touch (or Z) parameter

My inspiration for this feature request is of course the Lemur multiball widget...
in many cases it's very useful to know when a slider is touched and released.
especially true with 2D sliders (XY widget)

adding a /z value (or /touch , .. or whatever) to xy and multixy widgets would be awesome :slight_smile:
This could be useful in all sliders widget as well.

or maybe there's already a way to get this information ?

One more FR about XY widget (still coming from my Lemur background) : an ephemeral mode :
when the slider is released = it disepears.
(this is very cool f.e. for triggering notes or events by touching inside the XY space (without the need to grab a slider) ; with a multiXY it becomes a polyphonic 2D keyboard...

thanks for considering !

The "touch" state can be sent by setting the touchAddress property. It's currently not exposed in scripting so maybe that's something that could give more flexibility.

One more FR about XY widget (still coming from my Lemur background) : an ephemeral mode :
when the slider is released = it disepears.
(this is very cool f.e. for triggering notes or events by touching inside the XY space (without the need to grab a slider) ; with a multiXY it becomes a polyphonic 2D keyboard…

I'll think about it and do some tinkering when I have more time, thanks for the suggestion.

touchAddress, of course, thanks :ok_hand:

yes, I can see many situations where retrieving (and why not setting?) the z (touchAddress value) of a widget from another widget would be useful.

In next release, touchAddress will be removed in favor of a new touch variable (read-only) available in the widgets’ script property. Sessions relying on touchAddress will be converted automatically to use scripting instead.

amazing, thanks !
looking forward trying this :slight_smile:

Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU for the new touch variable :+1:
I’m have lots of fun with it :star_struck: