stateGet triggering value change

I understand that stateSet would trigger an onValueChanged for widgets, but stateGet is also triggering a value change. This seems odd. It would also be nice to have the same {send:false} option for stateSet in future versions.

--EDIT--
Upon further investigation, this only happens if the state is store in the onCreate method, and if the state stored is including child widgets. For example, if you try to get the state of a panel, from the panel's onCreate method, it will trigger a value change for all the child widgets. I'm guessing this is because of some load timing stuff.

I did a quick test (test.json) and didn't manage to reproduce what you describe, do you have a session file that I could use to track it down ?

It would also be nice to have the same {send:false} option for stateSet in future versions.

Sounds doable!

1 Like

Hi Jean. I stripped the module in question out of my script. You can see the stateGet on the 'sequencer' object onCreate, inside seq_container. If you check out console.log, you'll see that values are getting triggered by the stateGet command.
stategettest.json (78.0 KB)

Nothing prints here in the console and globals.emptySequence seems to be correctly created. Looks like there is another thing involved in this behavior.

Edit: the file says you're using v1.25.0, it could be a bug that's already been fixed (latest is v1.25.5).

Odd. I'll try upgrading and see if it still has the same issue for me.

Yep, seems to be fixed in 1.25.5.