Programmatically drawing into canvas

Hi,
(OpenStageControl beginner here :grinning:)

I want to programmatically draw into a canvas.
I did it with some success, by storing drawing instructions in value[], defined as a 3-elements array. The first element value[0] is the drawing instruction , while value[1] and value[2] are the coordinates.
For example : value[0]="moveto" , value[1] = x , value[2] = y
another example : value[0] = "lineto", value[1] = x, value[2] = y.
In onDraw script, according to the stored values, different painting instructions are invoked.
DrawingCanvas.json (3.2 KB)

When I draw directly in the canvas with the mouse, it works, but from time to time, in onDraw script, the ctx.moveTo() function (which should be called everytime a new touch event is created) appears to not execute. This is even worse when the draw messages are sent by OSC.
As drawing messages are stored in the value[] array, I suspect that new messages override old values, before they can be processed by onDraw script. Is there a way to bufferize the incoming messages, by defining a global array where messages are stored (like _2darray.push) in onTouch and onValue scripts, to be then read in onDraw script ?
Thanks

The drawing function is not called directly, its being queued and executed asynchronously, which explains what you describe.

You could use a simple array stored in locals to queue drawing instructions:
DrawingCanvas.json (3.4 KB)

Fantastic ! Works perfectly, you saved me a lot of time.
Thanks !