How to setup server with external interface to send MIDI signal

Dear Community,

I have installed OSV on Windows 10. I would like to use OSC to send MIDI signals to my Roland MC 707 Groovebox via my Behringer music interface "U-PHORIA UMC404HD". For this I've connected my PC with the interface but I do not understand what is the correct value for the midi setting on the server? When I check List MIDI devices I get:

(INFO, MIDI) Inputs
-1: Void (bypass)
(INFO, MIDI) Outputs
0: Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth 0

Can you help me?

Cheers
Groovy

Update: I've found that it was a driver issue. After driver installation I get this list of midi devices:

(INFO, MIDI) Inputs
0: UMC404HD 192k MIDI In 0
(INFO, MIDI) Outputs
0: Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth 0
1: UMC404HD 192k MIDI Out 1

I would like to use the MIDI out port. Which value should I put into the midi-field (midi-router settings)?

Cheers
Groovy

Here is the documentation for the midi settings. Writing this in the the midi field:

my_midi:0,1

will create a midi connection to input 0 and to output 1, which widgets can send messages to (and receive from) if their target property is set to "midi:my_midi" ("my_midi" is just an arbitrary name of your choice). This

my_midi:UMC404,UMC404

would work too (« If a string is specified, the first port whose name contains the string will be used »).

1 Like

@jean-emmanuel Thanx, that helped. As far as I understand is MIDI OUT the port where the signal should be send to. I found that a bit confusing, that OSC sends signal to input. Maybe that could be changed in a further version.

One more suggestion - mabye you can expand the documentation with one example - how to read the port fron the list and then use it in the settings.

Cheers and thank you again for the fast answer!

But it is what's happening nonetheless, OSC sends messages to inputs, not to outputs.

Hi @jean-emmanuel , you are right. When I connect a device directly via USB then I send directly to input. When I use the MIDI Interface, then I send to out.

Cheers!

Same problem I can't configure Midi In and Out of my Phase 22 auduio card!

@seve54 Did your read my first reply ?

Type "my_midi: PHASE,PHASE" in the midi field. To connect widgets to it type "midi:my_midi" in the "target" field.

this is how it works: the presets change, rigs, but turning the app's pots the kemper doesn't apply the changes

Kemper System

Hi

What do you see on console if you check the debug mode ?