How could i dynamically change midi targets for physical IN/OUT Ports

Hi,

I tried a lot possibilities. But it seems i miss something.

following scenario: A midi target is defined in the server config via Name of the MIDI Port.
Lets say: ...--midi sysex myDevice1:"My Device X Port 4","My Device X Port 4"...
I should mention, that i use myDevice1 in a js module for further sysex related stuff...
Port Numbers do not make sense, as the MIDI Devices change frequently. Portnames are fine.

ex 1: User plugs out this USB MIDI Device "My Device X Port 4", and replaces it by another "My Device Y Port 7" during a session.
-> Would it be possible to replace it anyhow, so the widgets can use it, without restarting the server?

ex. 2: User additionally plugs in his second USB MIDI Device "My Device Y Port 7". And he should be able to decide, if he wants to use myDevice1:"My Device X Port 4","My Device X Port 4" or myDevice1:"My Device Y Port 7","My Device Y Port 7".
-> Would it be possible to replace it anyhow, so the widgets can use it, without restarting the server?

I am able to present the current device list for IN/OUT's in a menu widget directly.
So, I would be very grateful for a hint or tip, how (or if) it would be possible to let the user select this.

Thanks in advance.

There's currently no such feature in open stage control's midi backend. MIDI support is admittedly rough on the edges, it's kind of a second-class citizen in my heart ;).

Thank you. No problem. I can understand that. Ok, then I'll try to make something. I'm sure it's feasible. If I find a solution, I'll get in touch on GitHub :wink: