Configuration and Client Issues

Hello, I could use a hand with setup and configuration on a Mac running Catalina 10.15.6 with Python 3.9.5 installed. I am trying to learn how to create a touch screen interface for Cubase 11. Open Stage Control server seems to be working correctly, and the Android tablet that I plan to use as a remote does indicate that "The connection to the server has been restored," however, none of the graphical interface elements (buttons, sliders, knobs, etc) that I create in the host session appear on the client/browser - the Android screen always remains blank, no matter which browser I try. I have been searching for some way to troubleshoot this issue, but none of the related forum discussions or videos on youTube seem to help. I almost wonder if my wireless 5G home network settings have something to do with it, but all of my computers (two desktops, a laptop, and the Android tablet) can access the Internet without a problem. Anyway, I would greatly appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction to figuring this out.
Thank you,
Tom

Hi and welcome!

Please post a screenshot of your server settings.

Hi

You don't need to install python nor python-rtmidi to make it work. You may have followed an outdated tutorial.

[...] and the Android tablet that I plan to use as a remote does indicate that "The connection to the server has been restored,"

Does this if information come up regularly ? Please check you're using a compatible browser.

[...] however, none of the graphical interface elements (buttons, sliders, knobs, etc) that I create in the host session appear on the client/browser

It doesn't work that way: the content of a session is synchronized only when a session file opened by both clients and only when it is saved. You need to create a session file (ie "save") and open it on the mobile device, then each time you'll save it the mobile device will update.

1 Like