Client buttons stopped syncing

Hi, ive just had a weird issue start where none of the buttons are syncing between clients on different devices, changing tabs is working but its just not updating the states of any of the tabs buttons.. any ideas why? i have attached my .json file for ref
oscolaCTRL.json (19.5 KB)

actually.. i just realised only the playback tab is affected. i must have done something in there?

widgets with bypass set to true don't sync across clients, that's why.

ah ha. thankyou!

is there a way to make it so an auto generated osc message is not sent on interaction without using the bypass option?

Since the widget's target is empty I'm guessing you're using the server's send option to define a default target for all widgets, setting ignoreDefaults (right before target) to true will do then.

Ah cool, unfortunately thats not quite what i was looking for but It's all good, its not really an issue except that the OSC python library im interfacing with throws an error when it receives undefined osc messages. it doesnt break anything, its just mildly annoying. i'll just set the target in each widget instead of just in the default to fix it :slight_smile:

thanks again for your help jean, u rock

Oh I see the issue, when ignoreDefaults is true the send() function doesn't work if the target argument is omitted. I think the correct behavior would be for send() to ignore the ignoreDefault property, just like it ignores the bypass property.

Yeh that would fix it for me, seems logical too