Call parent parent name

Hi, i need to recaal up parent id.name.
i want to do somethink like channel.name>comp>knob1, knob2…and insert comp in a modal inside de channel modal.

1 Like

I guess the answer lies here : https://openstagecontrol.ammd.net/docs/advanced-property-syntax/

Your question is hard to understand though, you might want to put some extra effort in explaining your use case in order to get help.

1 Like

Sorry, I am not used to write in english.I try to explain better…
I have a modal name 01, with a modal insede with the name COM@{parent.name} that is COMP01. Ok…
Now i need to put inside a knob for the gain value… and I want this knobs send OSC message like "/comp/(“first modal name”)/gain "
Thanks

Ok, the simplest way for this is to define the name in the first modal’s variables property instead of using its id. Since the default value for variables is @{parent.variables}, the inner modal will also pass the name to its children and you’ll be able to retrieve it anywhere in the modal.

Long story short, you can set the first modal’s variables property to {"name": "01"} or {"name": "@{this.id}"} and retreive it with @{parent.variables.name}.

1 Like