Animation Touch Screen Control System 2021

So I am learning music software at the moment and was looking at touch screen devices and stumbled across this.

The thing is that I am an animator. and then I started thinking maybe I can use this software to trigger events that I do in different animation packages.

Do you think that possible?

Hi, OSC includes nodejs, with nodejs you can do a lot things.(inluding file IO, etc.)
So you can do a lot of things. Here on the forum a guy used OSC to control Unreal Engine(or something similiar). So i assume yes that should be possible.

1 Like

Sleeping on the idea last night I was thinking about using maybe the game engine Godot to do the same thing. However, I think that maybe way more work?

Anyone else have thoughts on this kinda thing?

Can your software receive osc/midi messages or be controlled with some messaging protocol ?

If you have Windows, you can use MidiKey2Key to use midi/osc signals to map out keystrokes/keyboard shortcuts.

If you have a Mac, MidiShortcut seems good except only limitation is I couldnt map the Shift Key by itself. Tested on trial version. There is also Bome Translator but is expensive.