Update of Matrix props field

Sometimes in the past i found a little bit odd behaviour.
When i want to update props of Matrix widget, i hit save, the dialog that it is saved pops up, after that i close OSC and it says “are you sure changes will be lost yes / no?” .
I don’t have the possibility to save here → when clicking “no”, the server disconnects and the canges are lost.

That does not seem to be a problem when:
1.) changing props in the Matrix widget,
2.) click on another widget
→ the props property is updated and saved.

thanks!

I'm not sure to understand, are you hitting ctrl+s before hitting enter in the editor field ? Changes are not submitted until you leave the field.

I don’t have the possibility to save here → when clicking “no”, the server disconnects and the canges are lost.

If the client window is still opened, you can restart the server and it will reconnect with the client automatically. Alternatively, you can always use the export function, even if there's no running server.

I edit the props property and then hit save(“wihout leaving the field” and of course i hit enter in the field too), assuming that this will save it, but that was not the case.
I guess this is a wanted behaviour then? Normally i would suspect to just be able to save the project anywhere…

You need to hit enter before hitting ctrl+s, this is not a text editor.
Edit: I could make it validate the field when ctrl+s is hit though
Edit 2: included for next release

yes please,
tried it again, and now i understand.
when you hit enter you leave the field, means the same as clicking somewhere else…

Thank you! :slight_smile: