Tutorial on Creating Custom Scripts/Modules?

Hi everyone,

I’m completely new to OSC and have found it mostly enjoyable and simple to work with other than a few hiccups here and there. However, I’ve quickly realized that I am in need of a function that seems to be out of the scope of my knowledge as it (if I’m not mistaken) requires a custom script and/or module using JavaScript.

What I’m needing is a single widget to control the same function of multiple addresses. More specifically, this -
Fader that simultaneously controls:
/d3/layer/Ada/brightness AND /d3/layer/George/brightness

I’ve spent a good amount of time reading through the OSC documentation, but it seems to be written for those already with a wealth of knowledge in JS, which I unfortunately don’t have.

Are there any quick and dirty tutorials/articles online explaining how to create custom scripts and modules in OSC? I haven’t been able to find any myself.

I appreciate the help!

You can use the widget's script property to trigger custom actions when its value updates:

send("/d3/layer/Ada/brightness", value)
send("/d3/layer/George/brightness", value)

Are there any quick and dirty tutorials/articles online explaining how to create custom scripts and modules in OSC? I haven’t been able to find any myself.

No, someday maybe...

Thanks @jean-emmanuel!

Sorry for the late response. I pasted that script into the script parameter under the “value” section of the widget, but it is still only controlling one (the first) osc address. Obviously, I’ve done something wrong. Any ideas?

@jean-emmanuel Nevermind, I spoke too early. I had an issue in the software I am controlling.

Thanks for your help!