StreamDeck Support either with Elgato or Bitfocus Companion?

Out of curiosity, would it be possible to add stream deck support? It seems counter intuitive at first but the more I think about it the more I want it LOL. So obviously open stage control gives a MUCH greater amount of control with all the widgets, however I think basic buttons would be nice.

Supporting elgato and / or companion might be stretching it but the way I see it working is that with open stage control, it would scan and recognize the stream deck / s, similar to companion, then it could potentially load a custom preset automatically or with user input having selected like a "stream deck enabled" option. Then in the preset, you simply add your buttons, or if you have the new stream deck +, could also add encoders / faders.

Then just thinking it through a bit more, elgato / companion could act as a client that recieves messages and triggers code to extend the features, making OSC the master of everything.

It could just be me but I feel like most people using OSC, also have a stream deck, or at least have considered getting one.

I'm afraid it's way out of open stage control's scope, honestly I don't think that's gonna happen.

Then just thinking it through a bit more, elgato / companion could act as a client that recieves messages and triggers code to extend the features, making OSC the master of everything.

This sounds like a typical use case for open stage control, if you can make elgato / companion receive osc or midi messages then you're good to go.

yea i figured it would be a longshot. Im not sure how much you've looked at / used Bitfocus companion, but realistically someone could just make a module for that, and then you would use companion to trigger OSC, either way, having physical buttons or feedback in general is the aim of the game, rather than being limited to touch screens. Which is not to say its a harsh limit at all, its incredible how much you can do with OSC, but nothing beats physical feedback, could even make an OSC product potentially :eyes: