Strange exit behaviour

So I’m noticing something odd when exiting the app. I’m on Windows 10 and am running osc 0.49.1

I open the app, start a new blank session. Immediately close out the app. The process “Open Stage Control” then runs wild, high cpu use, ram going up and up from 100mb to over 1 GB,wait a bit and it’ll hit 2gb.I then have to end the process.

Strange. I know @jean-emmanuel isn’t on Windows and can’t test it. Would someone else please confirm this behaviour, otherwise it could be something on my end. Cheers everyone.

Hi !

I get something like this when i first close the “log” window and then the gui “interface” window.

is it your “issue” ?

Aah, I forgot to turn debugging on. Can you open your task manager and check if your CPU and RAM goes up when closing the app? Maybe try a few times. Happens for me. I tested 0.46 that I still had and this issue is not happening there.

The electron engine was upgraded in v0.49.0, I think it’s causing the issue (I remember having similar issues with electron in the past). I’ll investigate this.

Ok cool. Thanks (p.s. I love the new menu widget so much)

I’m glad you like it : )

I’ve uploaded 2 binaries repacked with a different electron version, could you try reproducing the issue with the one fitting your system (32bit or 64bit) ?

Thanks for that. But unfortunately, the issue still persists. I’m not sure how I can help you any more…

@Greenman would you try closing the app with the task manager open and see what happens? I’d like to find at least find one other user that can confirm this, otherwise it could be something on my end.

Watch this not perfect but maybe more useful to see what really happens (obs studio can’t record the output electron window)

At 1:53 you will see the issue

To stop this, i do a ctrl + c into the bash window

@Greenman The bug you describe is now fixed in git, but I’m not sure it’s the same as @GeneralMidi’s. Before updating your repository, could you try reproducing the original issue by not launching the server from a terminal (ie double click on the packaged app’s icon) ?

well as i clone the repo i don’t have some exe. Do i understand you ? not sure…

You have too build it (npm run package)

nlb@inspiron MINGW64 ~/audio/open-stage-control (master)
$ npm run package

open-stage-control@0.49.2 package C:\Users\nlb\audio\open-stage-control
node scripts/package.js

Packaging app for platform win32 x64 using electron v7.1.10
Downloading patent safe FFMPEG for platform win32 x64 using electron v7.1.10
Loaded FFMPEG successfully
(node:11848) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: rcedit.exe failed with exit code 1. Fatal error: Unable to commit changes
at ChildProcess. (C:\Users\nlb\audio\open-stage-control\node_modules\rcedit\lib\rcedit.js:69:16)
at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:200:13)
at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:1021:16)
at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:283:5)
(node:11848) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). (rejection id: 2)
(node:11848) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.

That’s probably the antivirus blocking rcedit.exe, but let’s not get lost into packaging details, I’ll build a package for you guys to test the fix.

Here are binaries including the fix for the @Greenman’s bug, can you two test it ?

Fixed! Thanks so much for taking the time to sort this.

Great, thanks for testing.

yep it works. Thanks a lot @jean-emmanuel

Just to let you, this isn’t completely fixed but it’s hard to reproduce. When right clicking and selecting app - > relaunch, there is sometimes a huge cpu spike and the app must be force closed. Not all the time though…

I am unable to load a custom module on the latest build. Or specify a project file to load on startup from the gui. Windows 10. Is anyone else experiencing this, or just me?