Sending Text from QLab to O-S-C

Hi there,

I would like to send an OSC/network cue from QLab to update a text indicator in O-S-C.

This will be used for telling a musical director which song’s lyrics are currently being displayed on screen for a choir.

For example, an OSC cue sent from QLab saying that “Song 1” is playing will also say “Song 1” on the text indicator.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I am not at all fluent or familiar with JavaScript, but I am picking it up gradually through this application (thank you Jean!)

hi,

well what is the address osc message from Qlab ?

Hi Greenman, thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure what to address it honestly. I've had a look through the QLab OSC dictionary, but I don't know what would be correct. I don't want to issue a "command" per se, like GO or STOP, just get the name of the cue being sent (the song name) and display it in a text field in Open Stage Control.

I found the solution!

The OSC cue in QLab and Open Stage Control must have the same address, /text_1 for example. Then in quotes, you can write whatever name you like and that will appear in the text indicator on O-S-C, then hit GO.

/text_1 "Hello world"
1 Like