Map midi surface to osc

Hello!

I’m sure this question is asked before, but I searched the forum and couldn’t find straight answer.

I have Korg nanoKONTROL2 midi surface which I have mapped to identical layout in O-S-C That works just fine.

What I would like to do is when slider is moved or button is pressed on midi surface, it triggers some other event, for example sends out osc float values.
I tried using send() in slider script field, but no luck. However if I pull the slider on client, it sends out osc. Tried using script widget and pump in slider values in it, same behaviour.
Is this possible?
Session attached.

Thanks in advance!
midi_mapping.json (37.3 KB)

Scripting - Open Stage Control

If the event that triggered the script's execution was not initiated by a user interaction, this function will have no effect.

You'll need to write a custom module if you want to send out messages in response to incoming messages.

Ok, that will be a challenge.

I am quite curious - is there a specific reason why it’s not working without custom module?
Added console.log(value) to script and I see that values script widget receives are identical on both interaction on client or midi surface.

Thanks!

Letting widget send feedback message upon reception would potentially create unexpected feedback loops in many cases. It’s common for DAW’s to send feedback when they receive messages from contorl surfaces, but the opposite doesn’t feel much obvious. Custom modules come into play when you need more than just a remote control.