Ctrl + E already used in chromium browser

Hi,

Another shortcut should be set to open the editor when using a chromium browser.
Voilà.. voilà..

On my system the default shortcut is overridden, is it not the case for you ?

actually it's a bit "subtil"

if i use ctrl + e then release all the keys then use the shortcut again it works.

But if i keep the CTRL key pressed after the first use of the shorcut, then press the E it opens a search option in the address bar.

am i clear ?

Yes, it's a longstanding issue with keyboard shortcuts, holding ctrl between two shortcuts doesn't work, I'll put in it my list just in case.

It is now fixed in sources.

1 Like

Fantastique ! Merci !

Hi,

On linux, the left Ctrl key does not work anymore for any shortcuts ( ctrl + e or i.e. ctrl + g)

It works fine here, is there a particular sequence of events that leads to this breakage ?

no no particular sequence : launch osc from the console. The issue appears as far as osc is launched in the first window. The CTRL + M does not working at all neither (left and right keys)
So i don't know what i can tell you more

You mean in the launcher window ? Ctrl+M does seem to be broken in the launcher window indeed. Left and Right keys are only bound in the the editor and they do work properly.

Edit: Ctrl+M is now fixed in sources

So on my machine...

i updated from your latest sources,

launcher window

Peek 10-04-2023 16-31

Into the launcher window, i first use the left ctrl key > does not work. Then the right ctrl key, it works.

Into the editor window,

I start with the left key > does not work
with the right key > works

editor

Va comprendre Charles :slight_smile:

You don't need to provide video proofs, I believe you :slight_smile: (and for the record most of the time I find such videos/gif less informative than carefully written reports), I'm just trying to understand what's going on precisely. Anyway now I understand by

The CTRL + M does not working at all neither (left and right keys)

you meant it didn't work with left control and right control.

It seems my attempt to fix the initial issue reported in this thread has some unexpected and hard to track side effects. I think I'll simply revert to how it was before as the drawback incurred seems reasonnable.

As for the launcher issue (which it's not related), did you run npm build before testing ?

on va le faire en français

Je ne doute pas que tu me crois :slight_smile: mais c'est aussi une façon de voir les conditions de lancement du programme.

~/audio/openStageControl │ on master *8 !1 ?1  rm -rf node_modules                                         ✔ 
 ~/au/openStageControl │ on master *8 !1 ?1  git pull                                          ✔ │ took 7m 2s 
Already up to date.
 ~/audio/openStageControl │ on master *8 !1 ?1  npm install                                                 ✔ 
npm WARN skipping integrity check for git dependency ssh://git@github.com/jean-emmanuel/osc.js.git 
npm WARN skipping integrity check for git dependency ssh://git@github.com/jean-emmanuel/multicast-dns.git 
npm WARN skipping integrity check for git dependency ssh://git@github.com/jean-emmanuel/loop-protect.git 
npm WARN skipping integrity check for git dependency ssh://git@github.com/jean-emmanuel/dns-txt.git 
npm WARN skipping integrity check for git dependency ssh://git@github.com/jean-emmanuel/bonjour.git 
npm WARN deprecated @serialport/binding-abstract@9.2.4: This package has been renamed to @serialport/bindings-interface
npm WARN deprecated har-validator@5.1.5: this library is no longer supported
npm WARN deprecated debug@4.2.0: Debug versions >=3.2.0 <3.2.7 || >=4 <4.3.1 have a low-severity ReDos regression when used in a Node.js environment. It is recommended you upgrade to 3.2.7 or 4.3.1. (https://github.com/visionmedia/debug/issues/797)
npm WARN deprecated querystring@0.2.0: The querystring API is considered Legacy. new code should use the URLSearchParams API instead.
npm WARN deprecated uuid@3.4.0: Please upgrade  to version 7 or higher.  Older versions may use Math.random() in certain circumstances, which is known to be problematic.  See https://v8.dev/blog/math-random for details.
npm WARN deprecated request@2.88.2: request has been deprecated, see https://github.com/request/request/issues/3142
npm WARN deprecated @serialport/bindings@9.2.9: This package has been renamed to @serialport/bindings-cpp.
npm WARN deprecated @babel/polyfill@7.12.1: 🚨 This package has been deprecated in favor of separate inclusion of a polyfill and regenerator-runtime (when needed). See the @babel/polyfill docs (https://babeljs.io/docs/en/babel-polyfill) for more information.
npm WARN deprecated core-js@2.6.12: core-js@<3.4 is no longer maintained and not recommended for usage due to the number of issues. Because of the V8 engine whims, feature detection in old core-js versions could cause a slowdown up to 100x even if nothing is polyfilled. Please, upgrade your dependencies to the actual version of core-js.

> open-stage-control@1.24.0 postinstall
> echo '\033[36m=> Dependencies installed successfully. Run "npm run build" to build the assets.\033[0m
> '

=> Dependencies installed successfully. Run "npm run build" to build the assets.

added 1188 packages, and audited 1189 packages in 4m

104 packages are looking for funding
  run `npm fund` for details

29 vulnerabilities (13 moderate, 12 high, 4 critical)

To address issues that do not require attention, run:
  npm audit fix

To address all issues possible (including breaking changes), run:
  npm audit fix --force

Some issues need review, and may require choosing
a different dependency.

Run `npm audit` for details.
 ~/au/openStageControl │ on master *8 !1 ?1  npm run build                                    ✔ │ took 4m 15s 

> open-stage-control@1.24.0 build
> npm run build-css && npm run build-js && node scripts/copy-assets.js && echo '\033[36m=> JS and CSS assets built successfully. Run "npm run package" to build an executable or "npm start" to run the app.\033[0m
> '

> open-stage-control@1.24.0 build-css
> node scripts/build-css.js

> open-stage-control@1.24.0 build-js
> npm run build-launcher-js && npm run build-client-js && npm run build-server-js

> open-stage-control@1.24.0 build-launcher-js
> node scripts/build-launcher.js

(node:35227) [DEP0128] DeprecationWarning: Invalid 'main' field in '/home/nlb/audio/openStageControl/node_modules/mold-source-map/package.json' of 'mold-source-map.js'. Please either fix that or report it to the module author
(Use `node --trace-deprecation ...` to show where the warning was created)

> open-stage-control@1.24.0 build-client-js
> node scripts/build-client.js

=> Building compressed client scripts...
(node:35250) [DEP0128] DeprecationWarning: Invalid 'main' field in '/home/nlb/audio/openStageControl/node_modules/mold-source-map/package.json' of 'mold-source-map.js'. Please either fix that or report it to the module author

> open-stage-control@1.24.0 build-server-js
> node scripts/build-server.js

(node:35281) [DEP0128] DeprecationWarning: Invalid 'main' field in '/home/nlb/audio/openStageControl/node_modules/mold-source-map/package.json' of 'mold-source-map.js'. Please either fix that or report it to the module author
=> JS and CSS assets built successfully. Run "npm run package" to build an executable or "npm start" to run the app.

~/au/openStageControl │ on master *8 !1 ?1  npm start                                         ✔ │ took 1m 4s 

> open-stage-control@1.24.0 start
> electron app/

[35358:0410/171755.950905:ERROR:sandbox_linux.cc(374)] InitializeSandbox() called with multiple threads in process gpu-process.
(INFO, MIDI) Inputs
    -1: Void (bypass)
    0: Midi Through:Midi Through Port-0 14:0
    1: Midi Through:Midi Through Port-1 14:1
    2: Midi Through:Midi Through Port-2 14:2
    3: Midi Through:Midi Through Port-3 14:3
(INFO, MIDI) Outputs
    -1: Void (bypass)
    0: Midi Through:Midi Through Port-0 14:0
    1: Midi Through:Midi Through Port-1 14:1
    2: Midi Through:Midi Through Port-2 14:2
    3: Midi Through:Midi Through Port-3 14:3

Donc tous les raccourcis fonctionnent correctement (depuis les sources
968af3994bef23f07d0a8bb4360ae0f6a989e34f ) à la fois dans le lanceur et dans l'éditeur avec la touche Ctrl droite de mon clavier.

Tu ne rencontres pas le problème je suppose. Je suis sous Gnome 42.5
Voilà voilà

Et qu'en est-il avec la touche ctrl gauche ?

cela ne marche pas avec la touche Ctrl gauche

edit : previously in our serie "Into the launcher window, i first use the left ctrl key > does not work. Then the right ctrl key, it works."

Peux-tu retester tout ça avec la v1.23.0 et me dire ce qu'il en est ?

alors version 1.23

lanceur

c'est pas stable voir Issue : CTRL + M et CTRL + L does not work

éditeur

Dans l'éditeur, seul le ctrl de droite fonctionne mais avec le problème (que tu as résolu dans la 1.24) concernant le relâchement de la touche ctrl entre deux appuis.

J'avoue être un peu à court d'idée pour l'instant, mis à part le raccourci Ctrl+M dans le lanceur qui était effectivement cassé suite à un changement récent, je ne parviens pas à reproduire ce que tu décris. Par ailleurs tu semblais dire que ce problème (ctrl droite vs ctrl gauche) est apparu récement sous linux, est-ce à la suite d'une mise à jour d'o-s-c (depuis quelle version?) ou bien d'un changement quelconque dans ton système ? À tout hasard, ça pourrait aussi valoir le coup de tester avec un clavier different.

je ne peux pas te dire depuis quelle version le problème existe. J'essaierai sur d'autres machines sous linux ou windows ou mac et te redirai et ce n'est pas problématique car non bloquant :slight_smile:

J'ai fait un test sous zorin aucun probleme de raccourci. Sous macos ventura, c'est instable. Par exemple, à un certain moment, j'ai tapé sur la touche i et l'inspecteur s'est fermé. Plus besoin de la touche Cmd ! Donc la gestion des raccourcis clavier ce n'est pas simple selon les os et le gestionnaire graphique (gnome, xfce...)