Clogging the OSC message buffer

Hi all, I'm going to implement a clock over OSC, but I've noticed that when I'm sending a lot of information over the UDP port (like an XY movement), it seems that the UPD port gets clogged and messages take a while to process on the receiving end. I was thinking that it may be best for me to open a secondary OSC port to send only clock data so this doesn't happen. Any thoughts? Is there something else that may be causing the message buffer to fill up? I was under the impression that OSC's bandwidth was greater than that of MIDI and so it seems odd that I'm having these issues.

If you're on linux you might want to increase the system's udp buffer size. Sending a few thousands of messages per second to 127.0.0.1 is fine in my experience (probably not as fast over a network though). How are the messages received / processed on the other end ?

They're being processed synchroniously in an Ableton Live Remote Script (their Python implementation disables all async possibilitiies). The clock seems to work fine though....(I built a pretty cool sequencer!).

I'll have to do some testing and see if the clock messages get dropped when I move faders and such. I have a feeling there's some feedback loop happening somewhere. I'll keep ya posted. Thanks for the reply, I know this is kind of an oddball thing.