Child widgets of cloned panels invisible if original parent is invisible

I think this may be a bug.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a panel, populate with widgets
  2. Clone the panel (child widgets also clone)
  3. Hide the original panel, but leave the cloned panel visible, children in cloned panel disappear.

You can override the visible property of the cloned widget to make it visible.

Thanks! Just a thought for future releases, it would be awesome if the clone widget had a 'make children unique' option. For channel strips or fx panels where you want to have the same set of parameters but don't want the values to match, this would be awesome.

I'm aware that you can make this behavior happen by setting a variable in the id field, but it adds extra legwork. Furthermore, if you try to access a child of a clone via script that has a variable id, you get back the @{variable} string, rather than the parsed value, meaning you have to do a split('@') operation and re-create the correct ID based on some counter in the script.

Just a thought for future upgrades. Thanks for all your hard work!

I see the point, now we'd need to make that unique id meaningfull (using a random identifier would make it impossible to access the clone by its id), maybe by using the clone wrapper's id to define the inner clone's id, something like clone_id/target_id ?

Furthermore, if you try to access a child of a clone via script that has a variable id, you get back the @{variable} string, rather than the parsed value, meaning you have to do a split('@') operation and re-create the correct ID based on some counter in the script.

I'm not sure to fully understand this, could you upload a minimal session file to explain ?

I think the way you've done the paste-ID+1 is pretty slick. I think the same could be done for this feature.

For example:

Template widget:
panel_id
-----child
-----other_child

Clone widget:
panel_id_2 (manually set)
-----child1
-----other_child1

2nd clone widget:
panel_id_3 (manually set)
-----child2
-----other_child2

Regarding the script access...let's say I have this structure:

template_widget {variable n set to 0}
-----child_@{parent.variable.n}

clone_widget {variable n set to 1}
-----child_@{parent.variable.n}

When I try to retrieve the ID of the child, I get back the string "child_@{parent.variable.n}", not the parsed value of the variable. (this was attempted using the 'widgets' prop).