Change the MIDI channel of a Widget using another Widget

Dear Community,

I've connected my Roland MC 707 via mudi usb to Open Stage Control. I have 8 tracks with synths (MIDI channels 1-8) an different control options (like fx etc.) which I can control via CC messages. I've created a keyboard widget and faders for one specific channel and that works fine.

I would like to create 8 Buttons for each channel, thus when I click Button 2 then it changes the midi channel of the keyboard widget and the other widgets for the CC messages to the channel 2 an so on.

Is this possible? If yes - how can I achieve this?

Cheers!

Hi

The doc should answer your question. Advanced syntaxes - Open Stage Control

Can you send your session file to give us a base file to explore it and maybe extend it as expected ?
Cheers

Hi @Greenman,

I've uploaded the Session's JSON file.

It's still work in prograss, but you can see on the tab "PLAY ME" the keyboard. Actually it is set to MIDI channel 6, but I would like to use for example the menu "PLAY TRACK" to select the appropriate MIDI channel.

Also I would like change the MIDI Channel of the faders, Modulation and the Pitch-Control with the menu, but I assume that it would work the same way.

Can you help me?

Cheers!
MC_707_Two_Tabs.json (385.7 KB)

Hi @Greenman , I've found the solution. I've had

[6]

as standard channel for the keyboard. Not I've changed that to
[
@{dropdown_1.value}
]

and because my dropdown has value 1 to 7 the MIDI channel of the keyboard changes this was.
Thank you for the suggestion about the advanced syntaxes :slight_smile: :musical_keyboard: :partying_face:

Cheers!

1 Like

Great !

Just to add : as ( @{widgetId} is the same as @{widgetId.value} ) you can go further.
Cheers