Unique Widget IDs

Is there a way to give 2 faders unique IDs, so that they don't interact with each other?

I have discovered, when 2 faders share the same preArgs setting, they interact with other (moving one, moves the other). I don't want this to happen. How can I solve this? I am learning how to script the midi address and leave the preArgs blank as a possible solution. But I don't know how to script the range of the fader in the midi address. A single number in the last slot only defines a single value, and not the complete range of the fader.
Any help will be greatly appreciate!

send('midi', '/control', 1, 34, ???)

Ok, I think I've answered my own question regarding the midi address script. By adding "value" as the third number seems to work.

send('midi:', '/control', 1, 1, value)

I don't mind going through and changing all the fader midi address to scripts. Is this the best way to achieve this type of independence between widgets that share the same preArgs setting?

If the 2 faders have different ids, they won't interact with each other (unless there's some scripting involved or if the widgets share a linkId) (General mechanics - Open Stage Control). If their preArgs and address are the same they will however respond to the same midi messages (could be feedback from controlled software), which may be the behavior you encountered (General mechanics - Open Stage Control). Using multiple client with a single server will do that too.

Thank you for your reply and explanation. Yes, having the address and preArgs the same is what I'm experiencing. Removing the address and preArgs from the OSC field, and replacing it within a script for each fader seems to be a solution for my particular issue. If I'm not mistaken, this is because the script is only sending (midi) information and not receiving. Thank you again for your help!

If I'm not mistaken, this is because the script is only sending (midi) information and not receiving.

Indeed