Triggering several push buttons at the same time

So Im trying to use one button to trigger several push buttons at the same time. I've tried the set(id,var) command in the onValue but that only works if the receiving button is set to toggle.

I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong, or if I'm even on the right path lol. Any help is appreciated!

I've tried the set(id,var) command in the onValue but that only works if the receiving button is set to toggle.

This works with all buttons mode as long as the 2nd argument matches the button's on property. For push buttons you might wan't to simulate the release as well:

set('push_id', 1)
setTimeout(()=>{
  set('push_id', 0)
})
1 Like

So I got it kind of work, had to add {external:true} to the set() function.

Now my only issue is that when i set the buttons value, its just updating the button status and not sending the midi message. I have the button decoupled currently, but even when decoupled this still works when the button is set to toggle rather than push.

I know I'm doing some of these things in a weird way, but its for a weird purpose lol. Sorry if I'm overcomplicating this.

This made me found 2 little bugs:

• when external: true is passed to set(), no message should be sent
  • push + decoupled does not produce the correct value when set from a script

These bugs will be fixed in upcoming release and soon you should be able to make it work like so

set('push_id', 1)
set('push_id', 1,{external:true}) // only if you need to fake the feedback for some reason
setTimeout(()=>{
  set('push_id', 0)
  set('push_id', 0,{external:true}) // only if you need to fake the feedback for some reason
})