Setting default values for "multixy"

I'm trying to set the default values for a multixy widget. I have 5 points labeleled the following:

[
"CHORUS SAT",
"RES LOW",
"RES HIGH",
"GATE",
"DELAY"
]

In the widget's default setting I have tried the following:

{
"CHORUS SAT": [ 0.5, 0.5 ],
"RES LOW": [ 0.5, 0.5 ],
"RES HIGH": [ 0.5, 0.5 ],
"GATE": [ 0.5, 0.5 ],
"DELAY": [ 0.5, 0.5 ]
}

as well as:

[ 0.5, 0.5], [ 0.5, 0.5], [ 0.5, 0.5], [ 0.5, 0.5],[ 0.5, 0.5]

but seem to be having no successful. What am I doing wrong?!

James

The correct syntax would be

[
  [ 0.5, 0.5 ],
  [ 0.5, 0.5 ],
  [ 0.5, 0.5 ],
  [ 0.5, 0.5 ],
  [ 0.5, 0.5 ]
]

Edit:
I've now managed to try this, but it's not behaving as expected. I have doubleTap set as true, so that I am able to reset each of the multixy nodes. However, double tapping the node moves is to the bottom left hand part of the xy pad.

@Greenman I'll upload a simplified json shortly.

James

I was close, but not quite there!

Thanks @jean-emmanuel for your help.

Hi,

Would you mind to post a simplified json file to get the whole syntax for this multiplyxy widget ?

i tried and failed :slight_smile:

Thanks

A simplified json files is attached. What I'm trying to achieve is the following: when the yellow button "EXT MOD DEPTH" is selected/active, it reveals a hidden yellow multixy widget. I have changed the values since my first post, but the xy range is -1,1 for each axis, and the default point should be 0,0 for each node. The default values for the widget are therefore as follows:

[
[ 0, 0 ],
[ 0, 0 ],
[ 0, 0 ],
[ 0, 0 ],
[ 0, 0 ]
]

multixy_default_issue.json (198.4 KB)

Upon loading the json file, the multixy defaults each node to 0,0, though I think that's O-S-C's default and it's not necessarily reading my default values. If I move a yellow node, then double tap to reset the node, it simply moves to the bottom left corner (xy value -1,-1).

James

1 Like

Looks like a bug, I'll investigate later and keep you posted.

1 Like