Open Web Page with Javascript

Hello,

It’s been a while and I’m amazed about the progress JE made with this version. It’s a truely pleasant environment to create custom things with way lessa limitations.

I have couple of questions though. For the sake of community I will separate them into different posts.

This one is about being able to open a web browser with a push button.

I used the script field with the if statement and the window.open(url,’_blank’) method, but it doesn’t seem to do anything. Is there another way? The idea is to provide an online help or link to a website, or smth. Is it smth built-in or should I try and code some custom module?

Thank you
Best
sh

Nothing built-in but with a custom module it should be possible.

Ok. Got it! Thanks

I coded a small custom module using node ‘openurl’ native module and it ‘kind of’ works, but weirdly and it should be totaly my fault.

Actually, the simplest idea - is there a way today to display just a simple URL within an a html tag?

The html module renders a tag just find but without href interactive functionnality. I guess it it intended?

The sanitizer removes the href attribute, I don’t think it’s a problem to allow it :).

Ok. Is it a function your wrote yourself or using some library? Sorry for newbie question. It takes quite a little bit of time to retro engineer the dev intentions and logic behind it.

:pray:

Actually found the sanitizeHtml. Thank you for the hint

Now in sources:

Wow! Someone is super fast :wink:

Merry Xmas and Thx