Menu items can't ever be set until I modify properties or script

Hi,

I'm having a problem with my template where none of my menu widgets can be set by another widget's script unless I modify the default value or script of the menu widget.

My menu selection will fire off a MIDI note which launches a clip in my DAW. I've also got a reset button which sets knobs, faders and XY pads to their default positions. It should also reset the menu widget but it never does.
To make the menu widget respond I have to modify it's script or default value property. It doesn't matter if after I've modified it the values in its fields are the same, all that matters is that something changes in those fields, then it works.

Is there something I can do for these menu widgets to properly respond and work as soon as my template loads up?

How do you attempt to modify the menu's values exactly ?

Here's the script. It'll send 2 MIDI notes and then it should set the menu widget named 'Shuffler' to 'None'.

if (value >= 120) {
  send("midi:looper", "/note",
  getProp('arranger', 'variables').ChannelArranger,
  getProp('arranger', 'variables').Init,
  127)
  send("midi:looper", "/note",
  getProp('arranger', 'variables').ChannelArranger,
  getProp('arranger', 'variables').ReturnAutomation,
  127)
  set('Shuffler', 'None')
}

Are you using the latest version ? If so, could you upload a minimal session to demonstrate the issue ? I'm unable to reproduce the problem with provided informations.

Yes, latest version. I can send you the whole template in PM if that helps.

Please try to create a minimal session that contains only what's necessary to demonstrate the issue, it'll be much easier for me to debug it and it's usually a good way to find the cause of the problem by yourself.

Alright, 2 test sessions. testReset shouldn't reset when dragging the fader down, testReset2 should reset just fine. The only difference is removing a bit of scripting in the fader's scripting property.
testReset.json (13.5 KB)
testReset2.json (13.2 KB)

Opening the console (ctrl+k) shows an error occuring in your scripts:
getProp('arranger', 'variables') returns undefined because there's no widgdet that matches the id 'arranger', this makes the statement

getProp('arranger', 'variables').ChannelArranger

throw aforementioned error and that's why the set() call after it is ignored.

Writing getProp('parent', 'variables') instead works.

Hmm, but those getProp calls work just fine in my big template. It's just set() that doesn't work.
I've just tried moving set() before the other two functions in testReset and that does fix it. Now I just need to find out why it's not working in my big template.

EDIT: I found something interesting. The slider will reset the menu if the menu is in one specific container. If the menu is in any of the other containers in the template it will not respond. The console shows nothing.

OK, solved. I had to delete the original widget and create a new one from scratch. Now it works every time. Looks like some legacy code / config was messing the widget up.