Matrix not returning 'widgets' prop

In 1.9.7, if I try to get the 'widgets' prop from a matrix of clone objects, it returns an empty array.

what about installing the latest version 1.9.9 ?

I can try soon, though when I updated a few days ago, 1.9.9 broke some other stuff.

I can confirm this is still broken in 1.9.9

Getting the widgets property of a widget with getProp or @{} has never been expected to work. The documentation fails to indicate it though.

Please report if you find bugs in the latest version.

This begs the question....how can I get the widgets of a matrix device in script then? Getting the 'widgets' property for a panel via 'getProp' seems to work just fine btw.

The matrix widget doesn't have a widget property. What do you mean exactly by "get the widgets of a matrix" ? If you mean retrieving all their properties in one go, then it's not possible. You can however use get(), getProp() on them if you know which id to target.

So, let's say I have a matrix of clone widgets; the template widget has ID 'template'. Inside the matrix, there are 4 clones. If I wanted to get properties of the 3rd clone inside the matrix, would I address the call to 'template3'? I'm not sure how the ID's are dynamically assigned inside a matrix.

Hi, i have no Matrix anymore in my project, according to the docs:

Note: unless overridden, children inherit from the matrix' id and osc properties ( id and address are appended with /$ )

it would be "template/2" -> starting from 0 (that is for regular buttons for clones i am not sure).
When dealing with normal clones you reference the cloned widget and set at least props.id in PROPS.
When you do:

{
var props = {
}
props.id = #{ $} //without space before dollar
return props
}

your clones get id 0 - 3, maybe then you could do "template/2" ?

Did not try that, hope this helps.

The clone widget is a wrapper for the actual clonned widget, which has its own id, that can be defined with the clone widget's props.id.

ah ok that makes sense. thanks Jean.