Default widget values do not align (Reaper)

Hi Guys,

I'm a little stuck; I have a simple Transport control setup with all the necessary osc controls (/Play, /Stop, etc) but when I use debug to view my output to align with Reaper CSI, I see this:

(DEBUG, OSC) Out: { address: '/Record', args: [ { type: 'f', value: 1 } ] } To: 192.168.100.23:8000
(DEBUG, OSC) Out: { address: '/Record', args: [ { type: 'f', value: 0 } ] } To: 192.168.100.23:8000

When I know that Reaper should be seeing this:

(DEBUG, OSC) In: { address: '/Record', args: 0 } From: 192.168.100.8:9000

How do I set my output values (args?) to be the same as my input ? I looked at my settings for the button widget, but can't find a way to set this arg value on output.

any help would be greatly appreciated :slightly_smiling_face:

Def Acres

Hi

To me you have to set the good ip address 192.168.100.8 into the first panel of osc.

The relevant properties are "mode", "on" and "off" (if "mode" is not set to "tap"). Properties reference - Open Stage Control

If OSC's server is running on the same computer as ableton, the ip you should use is 127.0.0.1.

1 Like

just to point out that women are probably here on this forum right ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

:smiley:

Wasn’t sure if you were referring to me as a woman, but no; I’m not.

Actually the issue was exactly that; I was tired and couldn’t see wood from trees, so yes you were absolutely right; the IP sent should have been x.x.x.8:8000 as well and it wasn’t.

Everything works now; sorry for the hassle :slight_smile:

Def