Cannot get a value to display on text widget on init when its value holds a 'var' variable

Sorry to bother you guys with something so trivial, but I am struggling to get a value (in this case a text widget label) to display the correct label value upon initializing my session. It holds a variable in the 'value' field (ie VAR{TRLbl1}) and the default is set to either '1' or 'BD' (my label for this field). The label is dynamic in the session, so that is why its value has the variable, but until I trigger it with my script it is stuck on 'undefined'. It seems like the 'var' fields are undefined on startup until a script has run populating them (unless I am likely missing something obvious!). Is there any way to get a value into a 'var' on initialization do you know (as default seems to have no effect in this case). Many thanks for any help!

The VAR{} syntax takes a second argument to that effect. Advanced syntaxes - Open Stage Control

Brilliant! Thanks Jean-emmanuel, I thought I must have missed something simple, working perfectly now!

Hi @Kenny5000

Could you provide us a session json file in order to see what was the question and the solution provided ?
We learn from each other experience.
Cheers

Hi Greenman,

No problem, my template is very much a work in progress, but if you move to 'main tab 2' and select the 'TR-Mini', you will see that all of the drum parts' labels are all variables, that now contain a correct 'default' value, thanks to Jean-Emmanuel kindly pointing out how to add the default. These labels are dynamic, but they rely on my Reaktor ensemble 'TR-Mini' to change according to OSC messages (in other words, without that it seems they do very little on this template!). Anyway, you are more than welcome to have a look at what I'm doing! All the bestEaselJunoTemplate4.json (1.3 MB)