XY pad: possible to send "release" message on release of control dot?

Hi folks,

I checked the docs and i think it’s possible but i’m not sure.

With an XY pad, is it possible to send a “release” message when you release the dot?

If it’s not, do any controls in OStageC send messages on release?

And just one other one that i’ll put in here as well: when you grab the dot to move it, it will jump to your finger position (because you’re never putting your finger right in the middle of the dot).

Is another behaviour possible, whereby the pad doesn’t care where you put your finger? So i mean, it will act like a laptop touch-pad, instead of a Wacom tablet behaviour (like it is by default).

Yes using scripting.

Is another behaviour possible, whereby the pad doesn’t care where you put your finger? So i mean, it will act like a laptop touch-pad, instead of a Wacom tablet behaviour (like it is by default).

That's actually the default behavior, unless the pad's snap property is set to true, of if a parent containers has the traversing property set to true.

Thanks man!

And is it possible to have an XY pad act like a laptop touchpad? So, the dot disappears and you can just endless swipe and increase the XY values?

No, but you could probably achieve something similar by

• enabling sprint
  • setting default so that the dot is centered by default (eg, [0.5, 0.5])
  • setting sensitivity so that one gesture cannot be limited by the pad’s boundaries (eg 0.1)
  • interpret value changes in a meaningful way, maybe using script

Cool!

You said “enabling sprint” but i think you meant “disable spring”, right?

Apart from that it works perfect, no need to use script, just make the sensitivity very low, the xy ranges very high and make the dot invisible!

I was thinking of enabling sprint and somehow ignore the “return to default” value, but cool if you made it work !