XML to populate Push names

I’m really new to OSC, and having used Lemur for a number of years I’m regretting not coming over sooner - OSC is such a powerful application.

Having searched the forum I’ve noticed that a number of users have tried to solve the question about dynamic naming of buttons to create articulation or expression maps.

The lemur solution is well known but required a lot of specific variables added to the app and I was wondering if there was another way.

I use cubase so my thoughts are around that but cubase uses xml expression maps and I was wondering if it would be possible to have OSC pull the variables from the xml - then “all” that would be needed is to save them all in one place with some way to assign the correct xml file to the buttons when each track is selected.

With a custom module it’s possible to load json files and populate the interface depending on what’s in it, I guess you’d just need to convert your xml file to json to be able to do this.

Ahh, will need to learn about custom modules then…

If I can also work out a way to quickly convert the xml expression maps to json it may make a quick way to load maps without lots of “back-end” editing which I had to do in lemur.
Again, really impressed with OSC.