Virtual Keyboard for a Touchscreen?

Hi Jean-Emmanuel
I have implemented my input widget in my work environment and only now realize that I don't have a keyboard installed on my OSC touchscreen (PC). Is there a virtual keyboard (as soon as I press on the input widget) in planning or have I simply not found it yet?

There is not, but I wrote one yesterday that will be included in next release. Note: It will only be for desktop clients as a way to type into inputs and textareas, it will not emulate a real keyboard.

super... thank you Jean-Emmanuel.... i am looking forward to the next version.

Hi Jean-Emmanuel
Very thanks... I love the keyboard...
I have two comments about it:

1. I'm working with a 24" touchscreen and they keyboard buttons seem very big compared to my OSC buttons. Now if this were the keyboard view size 100%, could this be made smaller by parameter?
  2. If the position of the background always has to be changed so that the input field is visible, the whole thing makes me a bit "uneasy" ("restless" is maybe the better word).
    Instead of moving the background, what would you think about simply adding an additional entry at the top of the keyboard, which reflects the content of the input widget?

What do you think?

I included your suggestions in the next beta release, it should feel more natural now however the mirror entry doesn't have a cursor indicator (Adding one would be surprisingly complicated...)

How such small things like a cursor can sometimes become important... :wink:
I luckily have my input widget in the upper part, then I can control there too.
But... great job... Thanks Jean-Emmanuel.