Traversing gestures - ON, by default (or available only for some widgets)

Here is what can be read in the documentation:

When traversing gestures are set to auto , these will only affect widgets that have the same type as the first touched widget.

1. Is SMART the new auto?
  2. I’d like to know how can I set the Traversing Gestures to ON by default. Also I’d like to know if it’s possible to have traversing gestures only for some widgets.
  3. What I’m trying to do: I’ve created a tab that contains only SOLO toggle buttons for my Cubase template instruments and I want to be able to select all the instruments in a category by swiping, not taping on each individual instrument.

Here’s how it looks:

Thank you!

It’s the same thing.

I’d like to know how can I set the Traversing Gestures to ON by default.

The root widget has a traversing property that allows doing this. In v1 there wont be a traversing button in the sidepanel anymore, and all panels will have a traversing option.

Also I’d like to know if it’s possible to have traversing gestures only for some widgets.

Not besides the auto/smart feature, although it may be possible to let users specify a widget type in the traversing option, I’ll dig the idea.

1 Like

I’m posting this screenshot chop, so that others can know how to acces the root widget. Right-click on a tab and select Edit parent.

Very good idea! It will simplify the OSC interface, making Open Stage Control easier to use.