Html widget broken?

Hi there,

I test the html widget and get that result. The <strong>, <h1>, <strike> are not displayed as they should be with "standard" html ?

So it seems the * rule is a bit agressive for this widget no ?
Unchecked some css properties into the * selector solve the problem.

What do you think about that @jean-emmanuel ?

Cheers

16092021.json (4.9 KB)

No, it's unstyled by design, css should be used to define how it's displayed. I'd ratther not touch that * rule on which all the rest is built.

ok so i don't see what this html widget is made for...

The doc says this is an html parser, hum hum.

So with a text widget :

But with an html widget

I must miss something...

19092021-01.json (7.1 KB)

The html just parses and display html, nothing more, you can style it with css. Its value-related properties are not used in any way.

ok so to be clear, we can only type html code into the html property and we have to style it via the css property. The help on the html property do not say that. I understand the tooltip is for all the widgets but it can be confusing. Maybe to be added in the doc

So, is there a solution to style the html widget to be displayed correctly or do we have to repeat css property for each html widget we add ?

Indeed.

So, is there a solution to style the html widget to be displayed correctly or do we have to repeat css property for each html widget we add ?

Either create a theme file or add the rules to the root widget's css.

.html-container strong {
  font-weight: bold;
}
.html-container i {
  font-style: italic;
}
/* etc */

ok ça marche !
So The code is automatically wrapped in <div class="html"></div> becomes The code is automatically wrapped in <div class="html-container"></div>

Actually there's another wrapper in the html container, I'm adding the html class to it for consisitency.

oups sorry i checked too fast.